Designers, Drinks & Social Change this month is going to be Series II from the topic: “Are Designers Becoming Obsolete?” Designers, Drinks & Social Change this month is going to be Series II from the topic: “Are Designers Becoming Obsolete?”
WHEN: August 19th, 2010
TIME: 12am GST, 7pm EST, 6pm CST and 4pm PST.
WHO: Elaine Asal (Gensler/Urban Forest Project), Bernard Caniffe (MCAD/Project M), Eric Benson (Re-nourish/University of Illinois), Eric Karjulouto (SmashLab/Design Can Change), and Rachael Baird (Tilt).
- What does it mean to be obsolete and is it happening?
- What does it mean to be a designer and what mediums does it encompass?
- How is the current state of the economy driving change within the design sector?
- In pitches, how much “design” should you do to get the work? How did this differ from the past?
- How could design or designers have effected the effort in the oil spill better?
Please bring your favorite drink of choice and your thoughts and ideas.